Monday 5 November 2012

TASK 1 A RE-WRITTEN

I started dancing since I was three. At the  age of fourteen I auditioned for the Brit School for Performing Arts. I studied here for four years in dancing and acting. During this time I gained experience from dancing in the "Harrods parade" as a character, and shows where I choreographed and danced in. 
From then on I auditioned for a performing arts college and received a scholarship at the Italia Conti Arts Centre. Throughout my training I worked on various jobs and was sent out on many auditions. My first job I did was on the film "The Boat that Rocked" directed by Richard Curtis. I then went on to doing short films, and was featured in a Pot Noodle Commercial. I also worked on Harry Potter as a Slyltherin school girl. 

During my training I gained experience from doing lots of shows in the theatre and worked with various choreographers and directors in the industry along the way, who I felt inspired by.

After graduating from performing Arts college I worked on a series called  "Pop Girl TV" as a dancer/actress. I then auditioned as a soloist dancer for a performance at the Royal Albert Hall and I choreographed a solo contemporary piece which I performed in front of Royalty .

Along the way of gaining my teachers qualifications I have had experience from working among different institutions such as the fitness industry; working at local gyms, higher education colleges; working with young adults, government funding performing colleges, sports centers  private dance schools and public dance schools. Throughout this I have gone on many courses and taught workshops with my knowledge. I have gained my Zumba Fitness qualification to teach adults to keep fit in a Latin based dance style, and have taught range of workshops from teaching young children aged three to five years old in creative dance. I teach teenagers and young adults different styles of dance, fitness and street dance courses. This taught me how to promote myself as a teacher and how to run my own classes privately and publicly, liaising with arts and dance organisations.
Although I have a heavy part of dancing on the performing side of my career, I am very passionate about acting, and after performing the "Grandma" in Adams Family performed at Wimbledon theatre, I new that I wanted to become an Actress, as I felt a real buzz. I am continuing my acting career by attending private and group classes and meeting new casting directors along the way. My next step is to find a good agent that will cast my type and help my acting career get started. As well as this I will carry on dancing and teaching as I have been dancing since I was three at a local dance school. Dancing has been a big part of my life whilst growing up and I still have a strong passion in entertaining others and performing on stage, and also teaching my skills to students in a dance class.



During my training I took all of my ISTD dance and teacher's exams and qualified as an ISTD teacher, teaching under the "Imperial society of theatre dance." The qualifications I hold enable me to teach and enter students for exams with syllabus and free work, from a Primary level up to Intermediate and advanced level in modern, ballet, jazz and tap. As well as this I hold a Professional Certificate in Education which allows me to teach students in higher education. I teach classes in the public sector and privately such as ballet, contemporary, dance performance, musical appreciation, jazz and Urban dance.


2 comments:

  1. Hey I just want to tell you that the first to parts of this post can't be read, it's white on white. But if you did this for a reason, just forget what i said.

    And i wouldn't write longer texts just as your "About me" section in caps,
    it will be much easier to read.

    And you seriously worked on Harry Potter?
    On which one if i may ask? I watch them very often so I can watch out for you.

    Best wishes, Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael, thank you so much for your feedback I didn't realize is was on white on white so will definitely change that. Also thanks for the feedback on About Me section will make some changes so more easier to read.
      I appreciate your feedback so thanks, yes did deathly hallows part 1 and 2 was cool.
      Looked at you blog and is really cool too, I see your from very far away.
      Thanks
      Isla

      Delete