Tuesday 21 January 2014

Artefact part 2

During my artefact I decided to film an audio visual  video with a hand held camera. My aim was to make the video quite informal and give behind the scenes advice to my audience. I wanted to keep the video very relaxed for my audience to watch. My audience was targeted at actors who had just graduated from drama/performing school, older actors and all genders of industry professionals in the world of acting.


My Artefact was inspired by my interviewees and general networking in the industry through workshops. I give advice to auditonee's new or old to the industry of acting in a casting process for Television.
The advice I have given starts with the most important part of being an actor which is networking. I explain you are a tool in which you have to market and promote yourself as well of the help of an agent if you have one. My older female interviewee explained t me that she was not getting as much work or auditions as she used to which was due to not being able to keep up to date with the current social media, via actors websites such as casting call pro, actors hub, and spotlight. This I felt was an important point to elaborate on as casting directors use these websites to put up any last minute auditions, and I felt that my interviewee was losing out on these opportunities.

The next thing I go on to talk about is standing out form other actors in an audition process. This is all about preparation and knowing the script back to front especially if you are given a limited time frame. For new actors graduating from drama school this advice as small as it is a very important when meeting casting directors as it is about leaving a good reputation in order for the casting director to remember you for the next job.I give advice on relaxation techniques of the (Alexander technique) and I demonstrate ways in which you can relax your body and loose any tension of muscles before an audition.
This is an important aspect as any tension can cause the whole body and voice to tighten up, which will inhibit the delivery of the script in an audition. I also talk about accents if are required in an audition and i give examples on good books which myself and other actors find useful to learn last minute accents for e.g. Yorkshire accent. The book gives advice on articulation and placement of the tongue in order to change inflection of voice delivery. This is very useful for actors who panic when receiving an audition script that requires an accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment