Tuesday 21 January 2014

Inquiry title and evaluation of inquiry title

My inquiry title: An exploration of how professional actors successfully get work through the audition process in Television?

During writing up my critical review I found many aspects within this title to explore. By writing in my learning journal, I could critically analyse areas that I found or could be an issue in the Acting world to explore further. I explored this by interviewing four professional actors of different ages and gender to give my chosen population a variety of opinions and experience.

In my critical review I mentioned the audition/casting process, techniques used for auditions, standing out form other actors and networking among industry professionals.

By exploring all these aspects it has taught me useful tips and has allowed me to research thoroughly into the business I am in. I feel confident enough in my expertise to give advise to other actors and industry professionals through reading literature, internet research, interviews and my own experiences in the acting world.

Overall the relevance of my critical review has not only helped other actors in the industry of all genders. It has allowed me to explore the relation of my workplace and community of practice through castings and auditions in the acting world of television.

I now feel I can get the most out of my social networking skills with other industry professionals. and the use of techniques throughout auditions and castings.

No comments:

Post a Comment