Tuesday 23 April 2013

5b

After researching professional sources of Code of conduct I have found many different aspects that are similar to my assumptions and are very interesting.

I look at the C.D.E.T website and came across there code of professional conduct and practice guiding teacher to good practice. As A teacher I have come across this before from when I did my teaching qualifications and found this very helpful in order to promote good teaching practice.It is also similar to my workplace ethics in teaching dance as my manager is CDET recognised, so takes this code of conduct very seriously in order to run the dance school smoothly and successfully.

website link: 
http://www.cdet.org.uk/teaching-and-qualifications/code-of-conduct/

I found it very interesting to read and although a lot of it is similar to the dance school I teach at there were some points on the C.D.E.T  website that I was unfamiliar with. It mentions a teachers teaching name. It would have never crossed my mind that a name would have an impact when teaching. But it could be clearly against the law and against the data protection Act if the teachers name is not there's or is entitled too, for e.g. used as a description, title or used on designatory letters. It also should never be misleading.


The Rad website mentions that professionalism should allow you to engage in reflective practice and observing other practitioners in order to be responsible for your won professional development

website link: http://www.rad.org.uk/files/ART255_Code%20of%20Conduct%20English.pdf

I thought that this point was very interesting as I find that by watching other dance teachers you can enhance your learning and teaching skills by gaining ideas and combining with your own in order to make your classes compatible and interesting.


Another webiste I found whilst researching was dance east academy

website link:
http://www.danceeast.co.uk/academy/student_area/code_of_conduct.aspx

I found that some of these principles mentioned where very useful to promote safety and courtesy. If students arrive 10 minutes late for class they will not be able to participate for their own safety. I found that this was a very fair principle and was used when I studied at vocational college. By the student being late it can disrupt the class and cause other students to loose focus. This is one principle I think really stands out for me as some students do like to push the boundaries in a class environment. Also no food or drink except bottled water allowed in the studio is a principle. This promote health and safety for the students and stops any spillages which may cause risk or injuries. It also encourages the student to keep hydrated with water to stay healthy.  



No comments:

Post a Comment