Wednesday 6 November 2013

inquiry update

After a long and hard think about my inquiry and writing in my log book. I have taken on my feedback from my tutor for Module 2.
 I will look at the title of my inquiry “An inquiry in to professional working actors in the industry; a case study of Actors and how they have become successful in getting work.  This title is quite ambitious, so I will narrow down the questions that I will ask the interviewee, as this will allow me to target certain questions and answers that I would like to find out and are useful to others in the industry, to apply in my research and inquiry.
I will look into getting auditions in Television as well as networking with casting directors. In my inquiry I will broaden the amount of actors and actresses I interview and I will look at age ranges of actors including male and females. This will allow me to target actors at any age or gender to discovering success in television work.
In my inquiry I will look at critically reflecting my ideas. By doing this I will look at the practitioner in the interview, theorist ideas from literature books, and articles. I will look into my own experience of the casting process and auditioning for TV work, from my journal and I will analyse all of these aspects put together, as well as being ethical.
From my journal I will reflect more on my own experience and in auditions, and look at professionals who have been auditioning for a fair amount of time.
I will look at more articles in the TV industry as this is what my inquiry will be based on as I would like to focus in on TV work and the casting side in order to know the process and for others to learn.  I will also look at the casting director’s job as is the most important person to get auditions.

For my artefact I will put together a video showing my journal of experience in auditions and professionals in order to help actors and actresses who are seeking work in TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment