Wednesday 6 November 2013

Interview contrasts in age

After interviewing my two male actors and putting their contrasting answers together. I have come to the conclusion that their is a significant area of difference in the industry we are in between the two different ages of actors in social networking.

Many Actors work without an agent which make me question how do they get work with social media?

It has come to my awareness that social networking has a big impact on how you sell yourself as an actor and job opportunities. There is a great difference in generation between the two ages, which is not based on all individual actors but just based upon the two ages I have interviewed so far. I will look more into this and look at some evidence of literature and articles to find some more evidence on this.

The older actor I interviewed does not use any social networking sites for e.g. twitter, casting call pro and Facebook. I feel this may impact older actors in some ways, but the other side to the argument is that they have more contact throughout the years of acting with casting directors or directors in TV. My question is what about New casting directors and directors entering the industry everyday, they seem to use a lot of social networking and advertise jobs on networking sites for eg casting call pro, twitter and sometimes Facebook. I know this because I use these sites myself and so do many other young actors I know.
Could this be work that the older generation of actors are missing out on?

No comments:

Post a Comment