Wednesday 6 November 2013

my process of my inquiry interview 1&2

During the process of putting together my inquiry I am interviewing professional actors in the industry.  These Actors will be two females,  and two males, both one older and one younger.

I have interviewed two males so far for my inquiry and have already got the permission for the female actors which I will be participating in very soon. Because of actors time and their profession it is very hard to get a chance to spend some time with them when interviewing which I was very grateful for when given the opportunity.I can't name them because of ethics, but they have worked on many big TV productions and know theater's and have had lots of experience as well as knowing big directors and casting directors in the industry.

The interviews I have done so far were recorded on a Dictaphone, I did this in case I missed out on any key points. However I asked permission  before and they were fine with being recorded. I also wrote down notes and bullet points during the interview.

The two male interviewees were different ages which allowed me to see the contrasts in observation to the acting industry in TV.

There were quite a few different contrasts in the different ages which has made me think into different aspects of critical reflection. I will put these together and find out the major differences and blog these for you all to read.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Isla - I know you are following others blogs so you can comment on others work (Blake's method acting) and your work with TV auditions and some very timely research into the business of getting work and getting known. Contrasting what people say is a good way to bring out themes from the interviews. You don't say what the ages were?

    ReplyDelete